Friday 30 November 2012

Macmillan Writing Day

Three years ago former Bath Spa MA student Rachel Knightley asked if I'd join a group of writers in being sponsored to write for a day, with the money going to Macmillan Cancer Support. I've done it every year, but this year I thought I'd take the cause out to the public and asked Mr B's Emporium of Reading Delights if I could spend part of the day writing at their lovely shop. I'll be there from 1-4 p.m. today and would love to have some visitors. Not that I don't want to write--I always want to write--but I like this idea, of donating one's skills in some way to charity, and would like to see it become more popular. I also want to do what I can for Macmillan Cancer Support. I've lost two former poetry students to cancer in the last few years, first Linda Lamus, then Ellie Evans, and I'm grateful for Macmillan's good work.

Donations can be made here up to a month from today, I believe. Any amount, however small, is most welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment