Saturday 27 March 2010

National Poetry Month returns--come join me!

April is National Poetry Month in the States, and once again I'm going to try to write something every day (a practice called NaPoWriMo, National Poetry Writing Month). This time, though, as I'm amid a flash fiction project, I'm going to write either a poem, a section of a poem, or a flash fiction each day.

I'm also pleased to say that the current crop of five poetry MAs at Bath Spa have agreed to join me. If you want commit here as well, just respond under Comments and I'll happily add you to the list. You don't have to post your poems or prove anything, but a few times a month it'd be good to hear how it's going and its effects on your writing, on your process.

So, along for the ride are--

1. John Wheway, Bath
2. Graham Burchell, Dawlish (UK)
3. Daniel Vasili, Bath
4. Jodie Hollander, Bath
5. Louise Ellis, Bath
6. Linda Black, London
7. Dave Sealey, Bath
8. Jenny Martin, London
9. Dawn Trook, San Francisco
10. Libby Walkup, Fargo
11. Helen Pizzey
12. Peter Daniels, London
13. Cat Conway, London
14. Matt Bryden, Bath
15. Desmond Swords, Ireland
16. Cynthia Carpenter, Toronto
17. Catherine Daly, Los Angeles
18. Mary Leader, West Lafayette, Indiana
19. Jill Crammond Wickham
20. Robin Reagler, Houston, Texas
21. Carolee Sherwood, Albany, New York
22. Paul Schloss, Norwich
23. Uma Gowrishankar, India

26 comments:

  1. Linda Black1:07 pm

    ok I'll give it a go

    Linda Black

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Carrie,

    Excellent idea! I shall join you in your poetic endeavour if you'll have me. I write a poem every couple days anyway so this will give me an added incentive. Hope all is good. Check out my blog (listed below) if you're bored :)

    Dave Sealey :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found out last night that my personality type loves starting things, so I'm in, Carrie. :) (It's the finishing them that's a bit more trouble.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes,okay. Not sure the world needs 30 new poems of mine but at least it might limber me up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will there be prompts?
    (from a commitment-phobe)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nope. You can find some elsewhere online if you want them, though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous11:27 pm

    "a poem, a section of a poem or a flash fiction"... sounds irresistible, if only as a few words in experiment or stream of consciousness. Just what I need to ground me between New York and Spain next month... Yep, high five :)) Thanks for the invite/prompt/challenge, but expect me to come limping home!

    Helen P xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, I'll give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd like to try this, if it's okay. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely! Tell me your name and location and I'll add you to the list.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What do I have to do?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tell me your name and where you're located, and I'll add you to the list. It's for you to hold yourself accountable to write a poem a day throughout April. I make it easier on myself by some days making up for a day missed by writing two the next--but I have to finish the month with 30 poems and most days having been spent writing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Carrie.

    Please can you put me down.

    Sincerely

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous5:33 pm

    I'm in,
    Matt Bryden

    ReplyDelete
  15. I will work on my overdue pp/ff ms each day.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mary Leader3:36 am

    I will write my thirty out of West Lafayette, Indiana, and I think that puts me, so far, as the participant closest to Normal.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Carrie! I'm a fellow pussipo writer, joining in the madness!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great, Jill! I've posted your name; let me know your location and I'll add it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous7:59 pm

    Hi Carrie, I'm also in the pussipo group. Here's the link for my NaPo blog:

    http://robinreagler.wordpress.com/

    and I'm in Houston, TX. I'll add you to my list as well. Robin

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anonymous3:28 am

    hi, carrie!

    my name is carolee sherwood (member of pussipo), and i'm all ready to go!

    http://caroleesherwood.wordpress.com

    i'm in the U.S. (Albany, New York)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I won't be able to write a poem every day, but might just make 30 in a month.

    Not too late too join?

    Paul, Norwich

    ReplyDelete
  22. Welcome, Carolee and Paul!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Carrie
    I am Uma from India, I 've been posting poems in my blog for NaPoWriMo 2010. Count me in here.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Welcome, Uma! Feel free to post your blog address so people can check out the poems.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Carrie

    I am Uma from India.
    My blog address is http://umaathreya.blogsome.com/

    ReplyDelete