Friday 6 April 2007

Upcoming Courses

I've received a few emails lately asking about upcoming courses, so I thought I'd post the information here.

The Poetry School (Bath)

The Opportunities of Form, in its summer 2007 term, will look at the structures of free verse, beginning with the stanza. I believe there are a few places available. The course meets alternate Wednesday nights, 7-9 p.m., beginning 25 April for five sessions, and it takes place at The Bath Royal Literary and Scientific Institute on Queen Square in Bath. See The Poetry School website or email me to find out how to enroll.

Publishing Your Poetry is a one-day course running Saturday, 19 May, from 10:30-4:30, also at BRLSI. This regular course of mine addresses submitting one's work for magazine publication: how to gauge which magazines are appropriate for your work, how to prepare submissions, inside experience and advice, etc.

The Kingcombe Centre (Dorset)

From Friday, 17-Sunday, 19 August, Gerard Woodward and I will hold an intensive weekend workshop for poets--like a mini-Arvon. Activities will include workshops, readings, discussions about the contemporary poetry scene (including publishing), exercises, etc. The Kingcombe Centre is a wonderful retreat, and catering's included. From the website, select "Holidays & Courses" from the menu, then choose "August," and scroll down to find Gerard and I's course.

If you have questions about any of these courses, feel free to email me at carrie (dot) etter (at) gmail (dot) com.

No comments:

Post a Comment