Saturday 24 May 2008

And a good time was had by all at Mr B's

Last night I read with Richard Lambert and Emily Dening at Mr B's Emporium of Books in Bath, and it was a splendid evening. There were a couple hurdles--the books had to be ordered at the last minute, and Tim Liardet was unable to emcee because he was ill, but Royal Mail Special Delivery brought the books in time and Wayne Hill filled in admirably for Tim. First Richard and Emily read for twenty minutes each--both reading well from engaging work, then a break, then I read from Yet for twenty minutes. The store was packed, and I don't know how many pamphlets I signed/were sold, but I think it was at least ten. My thanks for a wonderful event to Mr B's, Richard, Emily, Wayne and all who attended!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely to meet you, Carrie, and hear you read. Isn't Mr B's wonderful?!

    Emily

    ReplyDelete