2. Maeve Binchy novels. The Irish settings help (she was half-Irish and grew up largely with her Irish grandparents).
3. Melon, all kinds
4. Cats. The house on Arlington Drive, where she lived the last 37 years of her life, always had cats, and for a while, a dog named Buffy.
5. Panera Cafe in Bloomington.
6. Shakespeare. When my visits coincided with the Illinois Shakespeare Festival, we'd attend one or two plays together.
7. Playing silly computer games, like Chuzzle
8. TV medical dramas: St. Elsewhere, ER, Grey's Anatomy....
9. Pizza with lots of vegetables, especially green pepper and black olives
11. Cooking. Specialties included lasagna, beef stroganoff, and ham and bean soup.
12. Fish. She loved to eat all kinds of fish, every which way. I can remember dinners with her where she had catfish, tilapia, orange roughy, and salmon (not all at once!).
13. Sales. Garage sales.
14. The color blue
15. Her dark burgundy sofa with the recliners on either end
16. Strawberry daiquiris (not that she had them often)
17. Autumn foliage
18. Old James Bond movies
19. Getting her hair cut
20. Constant Comment tea