Saturday 19 July 2008

Adventures in Publishing, or Current Issues

I had a bit of surprise in the post today. A year ago I sent some poems to Poetry Ireland Review, where, under the editorship of Peter Sirr, I had appeared a few times before. Six months later with no response, I queried via email, figuring that the transition to new editor Eiléan Ní Chuilleanáin had caused the delay; but I received no reply. Today I found in my post the new issue, 94, and therein my poem, "The Meal." While I was delighted, I would have enjoyed the pleasure longer with an acceptance letter and/or a proof, as with past acceptances from PIR. But perhaps I'm being fussy.

Along with Poetry Ireland Review, my poems appear in the current issues of Poetry Wales and The Rialto. In the US, there are two poems in the current issue of Boston journal, Salamander, and one in Orange Coast Review. Reviews are in current issues of Poetry Wales and The Warwick Review, and one is forthcoming in TLS.

In the UK, poems are forthcoming in New Welsh Review, Shearsman, Stand, and The Warwick Review, and in the US, in Court Green and Cannot Exist.


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:40 pm

    Poetry Ireland Review really should have first asked for your permission. You could have promised another publication an exclusivity deal during the past year...

    ReplyDelete